Not far from local businesses and services, like the Light of the Valley Lutheran, Valley Center Fire Protection District Station 1, and restaurants like Fat Ivor’s Rib Pack, and more, NCHS has a WIC office that specializes in taking care of women, infants, and children.
From Lilac Rd. take a right after passing Betsworth Rd (on the right). Our WIC clinic is located close to the Valley Center Fire Protection District Station 1.
Find the Valley Center WIC office today or give us a call and we’ll be happy to direct you to the closest “WIC office near me,” or any of our 7 WIC locations.
WIC Program Valley Center
The WIC Program at our NCHS WIC Office “near me” focuses on providing mothers and caretakers with the education and resources they need to promote a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their children, whether infants or young children. We want to be your #1 choice when it comes to getting support during your children’s earliest years.
The WIC Program is here to help you in all stages of your pregnancy and the years that follow by helping with:
- Reducing complications leading up to and during pregnancy.
- Promoting healthy birth outcomes and preventing low birth weight babies.
- Reducing iron deficiency anemia in women, infants and children.
- Supporting and promoting breastfeeding as a primary choice for infant feeding.
- Promoting optimum growth and development of young children and infants.
- Promoting healthy eating while pregnant.
To provide you with the best possible experience when raising infants and children, we will provide you with the following services at our WIC office:
- Special checks to purchase important, healthy foods like milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, eggs, cheese, and much more. These foods focus on an emphasis of protein, Vitamins A & C, calcium, and iron.
- Health education and nutritional services to promote healthy eating and healthy children in your family. We teach mothers, parents, and caregivers of infants and children everything they need to know when it comes to important health topics, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Assistance and support with breastfeeding through the help of certified lactation specialists. We want participants of the WIC Program to use breastfeeding as a primary form of infant feeding.
- Referrals to other local healthcare and services: medical providers for pediatric and perinatal services, including other community services.
Note that our WIC services are available to more than just mothers; we encourage anyone who fits one of the following to apply to our WIC Program:
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently had a baby.
- Caretakers of infants.
- Caretakers and guardians of children who are under the age of 5 (including foster children, grandchildren, and children of single fathers).
Get started with NCHS today and see why our patients prefer our services. Call our Valley Center WIC office to make an appointment by calling us today at 888-477-6333.
NCHS Valley Center WIC
(Inside the VC Community Hall)
28246 Lilac Rd.
Valley Center, CA 92082
Open 2x/mth (days vary) 8:45a-3:15p
(closed lunch 11:45a-12:45p)