NCHS San Marcos WIC
150 Valpreda Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
Click For Directions
(Closed lunch 11:45a-12:45p)
Sat 8:00a–12:00p (1x/mth)
Located just off Rancheros Drive near the LA Fitness, California College San Diego and the San Marcos Branch Library.
Our Women, Infants, and Children’s (WIC) office at NCHS is located just off of Valpreda Rd, putting it in a convenient location for you to receive the medical attention and assistance you need while you’re out and about.
Getting to the NCHS WIC office is easy from the 78 Freeway. All you have to do is take Exit 13 onto N Twin Oaks Valley Rd and head north. Take a right onto E San Marcos Blvd, followed by another right onto Rancheros Dr. From there, you’ll follow the bend in the road until you can take a left onto Valpreda Rd. NCHS will be on your left at 150 Valpreda Rd, #102.
If you need help locating our WIC office, you can always give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you find your way.
WIC Program San Marcos
NCHS aspires to be your number one WIC clinic choice in the area. We want to make it as easy as possible for you and your children to receive the health benefits you need to keep yourself and your family healthy. When you’re looking for a “WIC office near me,” stop by our WIC office (located at 150 Valpreda Rd, #102, San Marcos, CA 92069) today or give us a call and we’ll help you find our other WIC locations near you.
We’ve created the WIC Program to help you during your pregnancy and the years that follow. We’re committed to helping you by:
- Reducing the complications of pregnancy.
- Prevent low birth weight babies.
- Promote healthy birth outcomes.
- Reduce iron deficiency anemia in women, infants and children.
- Promote and support breastfeeding.
- Promote optimum growth and development of infants and young children.
- Promote healthy eating while pregnant.
Not sure if you would benefit from our WIC Program? Our WIC services are available to:
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently had a baby.
- Children under the age of 5 (including foster children, grandchildren, and children of single fathers).
The WIC Program at our WIC office provides a number of resources to make it easier for you to keep your children healthy, such as:
- Special checks to purchase healthy foods (e.g., milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, eggs, cheese, juice, cereal, peanut butter, etc.). The foods available through the WIC Program focus on providing protein, Vitamins A & C, calcium, and iron.
- Nutrition and health education to promote healthy eating and healthy children. We teach both parents and caregivers of infants and young children everything they need to know about nutrition, health topics, and physical activity.
- Support and assistance with breastfeeding. Our WIC Program promotes breastfeeding as the primary choice for infant feeding. We want to provide participants of the program the encouragement, education, and help they need as they start and continue to breastfeed with the help of certified lactation specialists.
- Referrals for other health care and services (e.g., medical providers for pediatric and perinatal services, as well as community services).
Ready to get started with the NCHS WIC Program? Find out why NCHS is perfect for you. If you’re looking for a “WIC office near me,” and want to make a WIC appointment, give us a call at 888-477-6333 or visit our NCHS San Marcos WIC location today!