Located next to local businesses like West Pacific Medical Laboratory and Borrelli’s Pizza & Italian Food, is the NCHS official “WIC Clinic.” Our WIC locations are designed to help women and caretakers of infants and children get the resources and education they need to raise their children in a healthy manner.
We’ve chosen this location to make it easy for mothers and caretakers in Encinitas to get the services they need at the Encinitas WIC office, located not far from the I-5 Freeway. All you have to do is take Exit 42 and head east along Encinitas Blvd. You’ll then take a left onto El Camino Real to head north. Take a right into the parking light once you pass Capital Bank.
If you need assistance locating this WIC office “near me” or want to find other WIC locations, give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you locate a WIC office that is convenient for where you live and/or commute through.
WIC Program Encinitas
The WIC Program as part of the NCHS network is a vital resource for mothers and caretakers of infants and young children. We provide you with the support, education, and resources necessary to get through pregnancy and/or raise a healthy child.
Schedule a WIC appointment at our Encinitas location and enjoy all of the following benefits:
- Reducing complications leading up to and during pregnancy.
- Promotion of healthy birth outcomes and preventing low birth weight babies.
- Reducing iron deficiency anemia in women, infants, and children.
- Promotion, support and assistance with breastfeeding.
- Promoting optimum growth of infants and young children.
In addition, the WIC program also provides resources to help create a healthy lifestyle for yourself and the children in your care:
- Checks to purchase healthy foods, like milk, fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, eggs, cheese, juice, cereal, peanut butter, and more. All of the foods we provide through the WIC Program emphasize on protein, Vitamins A & C, calcium and/or iron.
- Health education and nutritional services to promote healthy eating and healthy children. We provide these to parents and caregivers of infants or young children so that they have everything they need to know about nutrition, physical activity, and other health topics.
- Assistance and support with breastfeeding: our program encourages breastfeeding as a primary choice for infant feeding and we provide participants with the help they need to get started alongside the assistance of certified lactation specialists.
- Healthcare and services referrals: medical providers, pediatric and perinatal services, community services, and more.
The services at our WIC office is available to any mothers who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently had a baby, infants, and any children who are 5 years of age and under (including foster children, grandchildren, and children of single fathers).
Get started with your very own WIC appointment! See why clients of NCHS prefer our services in the area. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help get you set up for our WIC Program. Call us at 888-477-6333 or visit our NCHS Encinitas WIC location today!
NCHS Encinitas WIC
285 N. El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
(closed lunch 11:45a-12:45p)