1130 2nd Street
Encinitas, CA 92024
Click For Directions
Phone Visits Only.
Mon – Fri: 8am – 5pm
Hours & Address
NCHS WIC will temporarily be doing phone visits only due to Covid-19.
Contact us today at 888-477-6333, Mon – Fri: 8am – 5pm.
The Encinitas WIC office is in our Encinitas health clinic and can be found at:
1130 2nd Street
Encinitas, CA 92024
Directions to the Encinitas Health Center from I-5 N or I-5 S:
- Take Exit 42 for Encinitas Blvd
- Turn left onto Encinitas Blvd
- Turn left onto S Coast Hwy 101
- Turn right onto W D St
- Turn left onto 2nd St
If you need assistance locating this WIC office “near me” or want to find other WIC locations, give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you locate a WIC office that is convenient for where you live and/or commute through.
WIC Program Encinitas
The WIC Program as part of the NCHS network is a vital resource for mothers and caretakers of infants and young children. We provide you with the support, education, and resources necessary to get through pregnancy and/or raise a healthy child.
Schedule a WIC appointment at our Encinitas location and enjoy all of the following benefits:
- Reducing complications leading up to and during pregnancy.
- Promotion of healthy birth outcomes and preventing low birth weight babies.
- Reducing iron deficiency anemia in women, infants, and children.
- Promotion, support and assistance with breastfeeding.
- Promoting optimum growth of infants and young children.
In addition, the WIC program also provides resources to help create a healthy lifestyle for yourself and the children in your care:
- Checks to purchase healthy foods, like milk, fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, eggs, cheese, juice, cereal, peanut butter, and more. All of the foods we provide through the WIC Program emphasize on protein, Vitamins A & C, calcium and/or iron.
- Health education and nutritional services to promote healthy eating and healthy children. We provide these to parents and caregivers of infants or young children so that they have everything they need to know about nutrition, physical activity, and other health topics.
- Assistance and support with breastfeeding: our program encourages breastfeeding as a primary choice for infant feeding and we provide participants with the help they need to get started alongside the assistance of certified lactation specialists.
- Healthcare and services referrals: medical providers, pediatric and perinatal services, community services, and more.
The services at our WIC office is available to any mothers who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently had a baby, infants, and any children who are 5 years of age and under (including foster children, grandchildren, and children of single fathers).
Get started with your very own WIC appointment! See why clients of NCHS prefer our services in the area. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help get you set up for our WIC Program. Call us at 888-477-6333 or visit our NCHS Encinitas WIC location today!
Benefits of Visiting the Encinitas WIC Office
Most people know that the WIC program in Encinitas, CA provides food vouchers for easier access to healthy foods. These vouchers can be for a pregnant or nursing mom or a young child under the age of 5, provided that certain qualifications are met by the family. The access to healthy foods can be life-changing for many, as they help children establish healthy eating habits at a young age and help them and their moms get the nutrition needed to be healthy and strong. But there are several other benefits of visiting a WIC clinic in Encinitas, as well.
Nutrition risk is a big part of WIC Encinitas, as the program strives to minimize risks associated with poor eating habits, general health concerns, and the like. Not only will WIC offices in Encinitas, CA provide you with access to healthy food, but they also provide many opportunities for parents and families in Encinitas to educate themselves on a number of important health-related topics, particularly when it comes to pregnancy, babies, and children. If you attend an educationally-focused WIC appointment in Encinitas, it may focus on pregnancy counseling or nutritional education, giving you information about how to eat well during pregnancy and after delivery, what to expect during pregnancy, labor, and the postpartum period, or what foods and nutrients are especially important for your children. You can also take breastfeeding classes at many the WIC offices in Encinitas, CA where they will teach you about the benefits of breastfeeding and help you establish good breastfeeding habits right from the beginning. Additionally, the WIC program in Encinitas, CA offers classes on developmental milestones for children so that you can keep track of their progress and ensure they are receiving intervention if they need it.
In addition to these incredible benefits, WIC in Encinitas helps moms having healthier pregnancies that lead to better birth outcomes and overall healthier children. Whether a woman has had birth or pregnancy complications in the past or not, going to regular WIC appointments in Encinitas can help her stay on track with prenatal care and eating well, and this results in better birth weights in babies, a lower risk of pre-term labor, decreased likelihood of complications during and after labor and delivery, and much more.
A WIC clinic in Encinitas can also provide families with referrals should they need to see additional doctors or specialists. Moms can be referred to substance abuse specialists, nutrition experts, lactation consultants, and more. Families can also be referred to specialists for immunizations, health screenings, additional assistance programs, and much more.