Just down the street from the Rams Hill Country Club, our NCHS WIC clinic, can be found, ready to provide you and your infant or children with the resources, education, and support needed to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.
When you need quality care to help you through pregnancy and the years that follow, give us a call at our Borrego Springs WIC office located at 4343 Yaqui Pass Rd., Borrego Springs, CA 92004. If you need assistance locating our Borrego Springs WIC office or would like to locate another WIC clinic in your city, give us a call today and we’ll help you navigate to a conveniently located WIC office “near me” in your area.
WIC Program Borrego Springs
At NCHS, we are committed to providing our patients with the best possible healthcare service they can get. This is why we’ve extended our services to include a high quality WIC Program in Borrego Springs. Whether you’re a mother preparing for a pregnancy or taking care of a newborn, or a caretaker raising an infant or young child, we will provide you with resources and education you need to cultivate a healthy lifestyle in your home.
If you’re looking for a “local WIC office near me,” give us a call at 888-477-6333 at our Borrego Springs WIC office at 4343 Yaqui Pass Rd.
The WIC Program at NCHS aims at helping mothers and caretakers throughout all of the major stages from pregnancy to the years that follow.
- Reducing complications leading up to, during, and after pregnancy.
- Preventing low birth weight babies.
- Promoting outcomes for a healthy birth.
- Reducing iron deficiency anemia in women, infants and children.
- Promoting and supporting breastfeeding as a primary form of infant feeding.
- Helping with the growth and development of infants and young children.
At the NCHS WIC office, we make it make accessible for mothers and caregivers to get the resources, education and assistance they need to promote a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their children:
- Special checks to acquire healthy foods (like milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, eggs, cheese, and much more). These foods focus on providing protein, Vitamins A & C, calcium, iron, and more.
- Health education and nutritional services to promote healthy eating and habits in the home, for children and while pregnant.
- Support and assistance with breastfeeding alongside the aid of a certified lactation specialist. We encourage breastfeeding as a primary choice for infant feeding among our participants in the WIC Program.
- Referrals to other useful healthcare and services in the area (such as to medical providers for pediatric and perinatal services, in addition to other community services).
How do you know if you qualify? We assist people who are or care for the following types of infants/children. You can always give us a call if you have questions about whether or not you will qualify for our WIC Program.
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently had a baby.
- Children who are under 5 years old (including foster children, grandchildren, and children of single fathers).
Schedule a WIC appointment today! See why so many people in our NCHS network prefer us as their healthcare provider. Give us a call at 888-477-6333 or visit our Borrego Springs NCHS WIC location.
Inside the Borrego Medical Center
4343 Yaqui Pass Rd.
Borrego Springs, CA 92004
Open 1 Monday/Month (day varies)