Almond Date Energy Bars
2 cups whole almonds
4-5 cups loosely packed dates, pitted
1 cup Craisins (or additional dates)
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- If your dates still have pits, cut the dates in half lengthwise and remove the seed.
- Pulse the almonds and dates in a food processor until your desired consistency is reached, adjusting the amount of dates and almonds as needed.
- You should be able to pick up a bit of the mixture and press it between your fingers without it being sticky and without it crumbling apart.
- If desired, pulse in chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and/or any other ingredients.
- Line a 10×14-inch pan with parchment paper and press the almond-date mixture into the pan to reach your desired thickness. (I like them to be ½ – 1 inch thick.)
- Cut into 32 squares, or bigger bars, or use a heart cookie cutter (or other shape) to cut out shapes (and save the cut-out scraps for snacks for yourself!)