Healthy Habits- Summer Corn Salad Recipe
During summer, what is more refreshing than a delicious meal shared with family or friends? Whether it be your next picnic, cookout, or just a night around the dinner table with your loved ones, prepare this yummy summer corn salad that you can serve alongside meat, fish, or any entrée you please!
You Will Need:
- 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, diced tomatoes, diced onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.