Healthier Chocolate Truffles
Christmas is right around the corner and what better way to spread the holiday cheer than with a healthy edible gift. These chocolate truffles are only 32 calories a piece (not including toppings) and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. All you need to do is make these delicious treats with love and toss them in a mason jar with a bow. This gift couldn’t be easier or tastier!
1 cup raw almonds
1.5 cups packed dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Crushed peppermint candy
1. Blend all ingredients except melted chocolate and optional toppings in a food processor until it becomes a pasty consistency
2. Spoon your mixture 1 teaspoon at a time onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight to make it more manageable
4. Remove from the refrigerator and mold each teaspoon of truffle mixture into a ball
5. Dip each truffle ball into some melted chocolate, and then into a bowl of your toppings to cover it completely!
6. Allow to dry and devour, OR package in mason jars and give it as a holiday gift!