Keeping your baby health and feeling well is the top priority of any parent. At NCHS, we know how it goes. Whether it’s your firstborn or you’ve already had a child before, there’s going to be unexpected challenges as you try to keep your baby as healthy as possible while they grow up.
With a well-baby clinic, like the facility at NCHS, you can get a well child exam to ensure that your child is staying healthy in his or her earliest moments. A well child exam helps you and your doctor to spot any warning signs
Well Child Care
A well child exam is a very important component to anyone with a newborn. Typically, doctors will ask that you return one to three days after your child was born to get his or her first child wellness exam. After you have visited a well-baby clinic for the first time and your baby has had the first exam, follow-up well exams are recommended once every two to three months for at least the first year.
What to Expect During Your Baby’s Wellness Exam
When visiting a well-baby clinic for your child’s wellness exams, staff will be looking at a series of measurements and examinations that answer a series of questions for the doctor, such as the following:
- How much does the baby weigh and how long is your baby?
- How well is your baby feeding?
- How well is your baby sleeping?
- Any concerns regarding urinating and stooling?
- Questions regarding your child’s development (i.e. head control, imitation of sounds and facial expressions, rolling over, grabbing at objects, etc.)
There are a lot of questions that doctors must ask, in the form of tests and measurements, some of which are more important at different stages of their newborn life.
Measurements of the Newborn
Measuring the newborn is an important part of the examination process. Not only do you want to know how much your newborn weighs and how tall they are, but by taking these measurements every time you visit, you can see how fast he or she is growing throughout the earliest stages of their life.
Head-to-Toe Physical Examination
This portion of the examination process checks on specific details about the child that help to determine the level of growth and healthiness of the child. The doctor will be examining the following areas whenever you visit for a wellness exam.
- And more
Depending on the stage of the newborn’s life and based on the findings of the doctor, he or she will ask you another series of questions to help pinpoint how healthy your child is. This will also be a great time for you to ask any questions or quell any concerns that you might have.
Pediatric Physician Locations
Below you’ll find the list of locations within our NCHS network that can serve your pediatric needs.
- Perris: Adult Medicine and Pediatric Care
- San Marcos: Adult Medicine, Behavioral Health, Dental, Lab and X-Ray, Pediatric Care, Pharmacy and Women’s Health
- Ramona: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care, Dental Care and Women’s Health
- Mission Mesa: Specialization for Pediatric Care
- Oceanside: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care and Pharmacy
- La Mision: Adult Medicine and Pediatric Care
- Encinitas: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care and Women’s Health
- Carlsbad: Adult Medicine and Pediatric Care
Contact us today at NCHS to find the best well baby care you can find locally! Our sick child care centers and well child care will help you keep your newborn healthy throughout all of the stages of their earlier weeks, months, and years!