Keeping children healthy is an ongoing process for all parents and families. Even with the best health practices, sometimes it’s not always possible to prevent certain health complications, like a disability. Many times these disabilities are a result of genetics or other health related complications. At NCHS, we have created a well child examination (WCC) program (often referred to as CHDP exams) to assist with child health and disability prevention through the use of various prevention exams and practices.
Well Child Exams (WCC)
Getting a WCC/CHDP exam is a great way to assess the overall health of a child and to help pediatricians identify any major health concerns that may not otherwise be apparent on the surface. NCHS provides WCC/CHDP medical and dental services to assist families with keeping their children healthy.
What does a WCC/CHDP exam include?
When visiting NCHS for the WCC/CHDP program, you can expect your child to be tested for various medical conditions, identify important statistics for health, get tests, and more:
- Head-to-toe physical exam.
- Immunizations and shots needed for school and overall wellbeing.
- Checks for growth and development.
- Tests for vision clarity.
- Tests for hearing.
- Checks for teeth and gum health.
- Various lab tests (as needed).
- Providing nutritional information and suggestions.
- Screenings for lead poisoning.
- Specialized tests (e.g., sickle cell anemia, blood disorders, etc.).
- Providing you with important health information (e.g., tobacco use prevention, dental, etc.).
- Assisting you with locating other pediatricians or dental experts in our NCHS network.
- Helping you schedule other WCC/CHDP exams.
- And much more.
You can’t go wrong with scheduling your first appointment with our child health and disability prevention program. Your child will undergo necessary tests, get the shots he or she needs, and we’ll provide you with an abundance of information to help keep your child healthy and safe during their childhood.
Pediatric Locations for Well Child Exams
NCHS wants to make WCC/CHDP exams and programs more accessible than ever. Explore our pediatric locations below by clicking on the following links or give us a call at NCHS to learn more about our locations.
- Perris: Adult Medicine and Pediatric Care
- San Marcos: Adult Medicine, Behavioral Health, Dental, Lab and X-Ray, Pediatric Care, Pharmacy and Women’s Health
- Ramona: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care, Dental Care and Women’s Health
- Mission Mesa: Specialization for Pediatric Care
- Oceanside: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care and Pharmacy
- La Mision: Adult Medicine and Pediatric Care
- Encinitas: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care and Women’s Health
- Carlsbad: Adult Medicine and Pediatric Care
Contact us today to learn more about WCC/CHDP and the various programs that we provide in our healthcare network. Child health and disability prevention is just as important to us as it is for your child’s overall health. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you schedule an appointment or we can answer any questions you may have.