Behavioral Health North County San Diego and Riverside
North County Health Services (NCHS) provides a myriad of behavioral health services to patients all across the San Diego and Riverside counties. Treating mental health can feel overwhelming or impossible for some people, but we are here to help you through every step of the way. Mental health may be difficult to work through on your own, which is why it’s important to have mental health facilities you can rely on to help improve your mental health and your quality of life from the inside out.
All of our medical staff is not only highly trained but very compassionate. We know that some conditions can be difficult to work through, especially those that are related to mental health. Our compassionate experts can help you understand the condition and how to overcome it. Contact us today to learn about mental and behavioral health. San Diego residents visit NCHS for all of their mental and behavioral health needs.
Our licensed mental health experts can provide assessments, therapy options, and medication management services for a broad range of mental health conditions. These services and treatment options can help to improve behavioral health and improve an individual’s mental health in such a way that it can make them happier, more confident, and be able to enjoy life.
Below are a few examples of the many mental health conditions that we offer services for:
- Attention Deficit Problems
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chemical Dependency
- Group Therapy
- Mental Illness and Recovery
- Pain Management
- Psychotic Disorders
If you or someone you know is experiencing any mental health illnesses or wants to explore solutions to any mental health challenges, give us a call. We have a friendly and understanding staff that will help you find the right doctors to talk to and work with so that you get the most effective treatment and therapy. No condition is too small or too big to be considered for treatment for mental health services. San Diego and Riverside patients visit North County Health Services for their mental and behavioral health needs.
Why Get Treatment for Mental Health?
Treating your mental health conditions is very important, as poor mental health can negatively impact other areas of your life. Certain mental health conditions like anxiety, stress, depression and other conditions may not have the same physical signs as other physical conditions and illnesses. This makes mental health conditions harder for the average person to identify on their own.
If you think you or someone you know may be affected by certain mental health conditions, contact us today.
There are many forms of treatment available to people who are suffering from mental health or behavioral health conditions. After having a conversation with a doctor and/or being diagnosed for a specific mental or behavioral health condition, a personalized treatment or therapy solution will be provided for you.
Personalized treatment is important because every mental and behavioral health situation is unique and needs to be tailored for the individual. While treatment and therapy may be similar for most individuals going through the same behavioral or mental health condition, additional treatment and solutions may be recommended, such as lifestyle changes.
Below are common solutions for conditions for mental and behavior health. San Diego individuals come to North County Health Services to get treatment in the following ways and more:
- Psychotherapy – a trained and experienced mental health professional will provide therapeutic treatment, tailored to your mental health condition and your current situation. Additional forms of treatment may include dialectical behavior therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, or other therapies based on need.
- Medication – for most mental illnesses, medication is usually not enough and is best combined with other forms of treatment by helping to manage symptoms and other chemical imbalances in the brain.
- Hospitalization / Inpatient Therapy – some mental or behavioral health conditions require 24/7 hospitalization for optimal recovery.
- Support Groups & Peer Support – for many, meeting peers who are going through the same mental or behavioral health conditions can help with recovery. Peers provide support and hope during challenging parts of mental health recovery.
- Self Help Plan – these plans and strategies, created with the help of your doctor or therapist focus on addressing triggers, warning signs, recovery, and overall wellness.
- And more – your doctor will recommend a treatment plan that is tailored to you and your individual situation.
Your treatment may include one or multiple of the above treatment solutions, as well as other personalized recommendations to assist with your mental and behavioral health recovery and improvement.
Contact us today for more information about mental health services. San Diego is home to North County Health Services, equipped with an incredible team of friendly staff and experienced healthcare professionals.
Warning Signs and Symptoms of Mental Health Problems
A case of mental illness can be somewhat minor or incredibly severe, and it can take on many forms in different individuals. Some people may experience minor forms of anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorders, while others may suffer from severe cases of PTSD, schizophrenia, or chemical dependency. No matter what type of behavioral health concern you or a loved one is facing, we can help at NCHS. Our mental health services are prepared and equipped to serve you at one of our mental health clinics, offering you support, guidance, and treatment to overcome your mental health concern. If you suspect a behavioral health problem with yourself or someone close to you, you should be on the lookout for these common warning signs so that you can take action and enlist our mental health services.
- A significant change in the person’s behavior or actions, especially sleeping or eating habits
- Confused thinking or strange thoughts or delusions
- Excessive fears, anxieties, worries, or a prolonged period of extreme sadness or irritability
- Feelings of extreme highs or lows or feelings of intense anger
- Social withdrawal
- Hallucinations or unexplained physical injuries or ailments
- An inability to cope with day-to-day responsibilities
- Substance abuse or disregard for authority/the law
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
If you or someone you love is experiencing multiple warning signs, the individual should be encouraged to seek out behavioral health care. NCHS’s mental health facilities are located all across the North County area and are available to help you through any behavioral health care issue you may have.
The Problem of Ignoring Behavioral Health Concerns
Nearly 50% of Americans will experience some type of mental health struggle during their lifetime, but very few will seek help in dealing with the issue. If you think that you or someone you love may be suffering from a mental health problem, it can be overwhelming to know what steps to take next. You may fear being judged for seeking mental health services for yourself, or you may worry that your loved one will be upset at you for suggesting that they need behavioral health services. There is a negative stigma around many behavioral health care issues, and that can make it difficult for someone to seek the help they need. However, there are many concerns associated with not seeking mental health services when you need them. Mental illnesses of all types and severities can affect your physical health. It can lead to insomnia, heart issues, fatigue, more frequent illnesses, and much more. Behavioral health problems affect more than just the person they are ailing—immediate and extended families often feel the weight of having a loved one suffering from a mental illness, so struggling individuals should seek help from a mental health facility as soon as possible.
NCHS Locations for Behavioral Health
If you are looking for a health facility to help improve behavior health for yourself, your family or loved ones, NCHS is here to help. At this time we have one location dedicated as a mental health clinic, staffed with professionally trained behavioral health experts. The following location provides not only mental health services, but also a variety of other medical services that can improve the quality of your life.
- San Marcos: Adult Medicine, Behavioral Health, Dental, Lab and X-Ray, Pediatric Care, Pharmacy and Women’s Health
- Oceanside Specialty: Dental, Behavioral Health, Chiropractic
- Perris: Adult Medicine, Pediatric Care, Behavioral Health and Dental
Contact North County Health Services today to learn more about behavioral health care and to find a location near you. Our team is committed to providing quality and affordable health care, including mental health services, to those in need in North San Diego and Riverside counties.