- Health Services
- About NCHS
- What's New
- Programs & Outreach
- Health Education
- Community Outreach
- Healthy Families / Medi-Cal Application Assistance
- Mobile Clinic
- WIC Food Supplement Program
- NCHS Resource Center
- HIV/AIDS Community Case Management
- Ways To Give
Healthy Families / Medi-Cal Application Assistance
Project Sombrilla; Healthy Families and Medi-Cal Application Assistance
Project Sombrilla assists eligible families and pregnant women to apply for, enroll and utilize their health insurance. Certified Application Assistants (CAAs) help families determine their eligibility for programs such as Medi-Cal, Healthy Families and Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM). The program prides itself on a progressive approach toward empowering parents to develop the skills to advocate for their children and families.
Project Sombrilla is dedicated to four main goals:
1. Application assistance: Paperwork and required documents can be so confusing. Let us help! CAAs will help you complete Healthy Families and Medi-Cal applications.
2. Follow through to ensure enrollment: Once the application is complete, we will follow-up to make sure that coverage is granted as quickly as possible.
3. Retaining benefits and accessing care: We want to make sure that children visit their dentist and pediatrician regularly.
4. Outreach to promote community awareness: There are so many resources available through Project Sombrilla and NCHS. If something is happening in the community, we'll be there too! If you would like Project Sombrilla to participate in an outreach event, please contact us.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Medically uninsured families with children under 18 years of age
First 5 Commission of San Diego
For more information or to schedule an appointment Call:
San Marcos: (760)736-8649, (760)736-8716, (760)736-8709,
(760)736-8665, or (760) 735-8722
San Diego's North County Region.